Car Craft Queensland Ltd (CCP&P) was established in February 2011 reflecting the objectives and very successful business model of the parent company in WA.
Implementing the business model in Queensland meant identifying and engaging with progressive and positive business people within the collision repair industry who possessed the acumen and vision to take up the challenge of developing and expanding the organisation in their state.
Members regard highly the networking and mentoring opportunities which allows them to share knowledge and information freely and has assisted many of them in developing their business and management skills.
The real value of Car Craft membership is belonging to a group and members are expected to participate in events, training and meetings. Loyalty to the preferred supplier network is paramount as this provides the income stream that funds the range of services provided.
Membership to Car Craft is by invitation only and businesses must meet quality standards and an equipment set of criteria.
The business currently has a board of four directors who meet monthly and play a direct role in the businesses’ success. The directors are all owner/operators of member businesses.
The longer term objectives of the organisation are:
- To build a strong network of quality body repair businesses that reflects the principles of the Western Australian group;
- To provide a valuable income stream for members through:
- better than industry-average settlement discounts;
- incentive rebates;
- financial rewards in the form of cash dividends and shares.
- To provide value-added benefits by developing group corporate schemes for the supply of goods and services, as well as other benefits such as mentoring, subsidised training, accreditation standards, advice and assistance, etc.
- To use surplus funds to invest in assets which ensure the long term financial viability of the business. Ownership of these assets is to be vested jointly in the members of Car Craft Queensland.