The Western Australian business was the first to commence operations and was established in 1987.
Car Craft Panel & Paint Ltd was created by a handful of entrepreneurial repairers who saw the value of joining together to create economies of scale when negotiating with suppliers of the parts, materials and services they used in their day to day operations.
In addition and equally important to this was their desire to raise industry standards of repair, presentation, business practices and customer service.
Car Craft is a passionate group of professional, independently owned and operated businesses with a strong focus on the use of genuine parts and best practice.
The group is unique in that it was, and still is, owned and driven by its members who now number 33. Its success is a result of the active involvement of the Board of Directors who are elected by the membership each year at the AGM. A general manager and a business development manager look after the day to day operations.
The development of a national network of repairers has been the aim for some time and since 2011 the Car Craft brand has been actively promoted through participation at industry expos, sponsorship of national events, news articles and press releases.
Car Craft now has members in three States, WA, SA & QLD and is speaking with repairers in the other states and territories about establishing networks.
Car Craft supports its membership by:
- Negotiating favourable purchasing arrangements with suppliers
- Coordinating group marketing and promotional activities
- Establishing and maintaining superior standards of workmanship, presentation and customer service throughout the group, and
- Representing the members’ interests at trade, insurance company and industry level.
Advantage Business Services
As well as delivering quality car body repairs to consumers, the Car Craft offers a range of Advantage Business Services;
- Parts, materials and services buying group
- Business management services
- Plastic parts recycling service (NextGen Recycling)
- Distribution of a range of workshop consumables (Finixa)
- Property Investments